Calandris

Calandris - Planetside 2 application

15 posts in this topic

Gaming name: Calandris
Games played: Have played everything & anything worth playing on a PC since Ultima V.  From FPS, RTS, MMO, you name it.  Was a Wow guild & raid leader for many years.  Have been an officer in various tactically minded clans in games like Operation Flashpoint & BF.  Played PS1 for a while with Brutal Deluxe many years back.  I don't play lobby shooters multiplayer anymore (too repetitive to hold my interest), but have been playing PS2 a few nights a week for a couple of months now and it seems to be worth sticking with.  I'm BR 39 at the moment, play primarily as support classes (Healer/Eng), will happily turret-dance for hours against attacking tanks with breaks as Sniper and AV/AA when the situation demands it.  I'm not bad in a tank, but I'm crap in a plane :)

Referral: Been looking around for outfits worth joining for the past month or so, joining pug platoons with potential choices when I see them.  Have been in DL groups a few times and spoke to Lord Mandando today after yet another NC alert loss, he suggested I apply, which I was of a mind to do anyway.

Why should you be a member of Digital Legion?: NC needs every organised soldier it can get its hands on these days.  I can follow orders, communicate updates & support squads as needed.  I'm not interesting in following the zerg or single-handedly beating all comers on Auraxis, I'm just looking for a team that tries for something worthwhile and not just another random bunker in the desert... And maybe one day, I'll see NC win an alert again by something other than sheer luck :)

I've just discovered one of my kids has broken the mic on my headset, so I'll be silent on Mumble for a little bit apparently, but so be it.

• Like 1

Good to see another PS1 vet, you remember the 58th Marine Corp?

You can try and grab an officer for an invite in game. Message: Meurig, Pont, EmitzDevil, Mawdrigen, Axler, Kaldun, Sekmet, LexX, or Lord Mondando and they will be able to sort you out with an invite.

I would also ask that you make sure your name is the same on the forums, in mumble and in game. At least while we get to know you. It's proving hard to get to know people otherwise! 

You will be marked as a triallist for a few weeks, after which time an admin will have a word to see how you're getting on.

Until then, make yourself at home on the forums, jump on mumble and enjoy!

Glad you applied, just watching for the competent ones and having a chat definitely nets results. 

A promise im comfortable making, roll with us you will see alerts won.

• Like 1

Welcome, there is a good chance you played with a number of our older players as we often platooned up with Brutal Deluxe and Armoured Fist back in PS1 days when we were the 58th :)

I remember the name vaguely, Armored Fist is a more memorable one that stuck in my head - I definitely remember a lot of the larger platoon battles when the NC alliances were working well.  It's that kind of thing that gives PS the scale to make it something different from the masses of decent shooters.

Looks like I might not be on much this week until the end of the week/weekend - just checked my work diary and found I'm all over the country this week, so getting home really late most days.  So apologies for the slightly premature application -- I'll be online more regularly in a few days.  Will hunt one of you down in-game for an invite as soon as I can.

I can live with losing all the alerts, as long as I'm in a group which is actually trying to win by doing something useful.  We seem to have a faction full of random headless chickens most of the time & that just ends up feeling pointless after a while.

Oh sure.. taunt me with that while I've enjoyed my last two evenings sat in traffic on a motorway! :)

Get a bike.

Don't really understand this comment?  You can't ride a bike on the motorway

Don't really understand this comment? You can't ride a bike on the motorway

But you surely can ride a motorcycle.

See what i did there?

Blew my mind!  But still doesn't help him play PS2!

• Like 3

Blew my mind! But still doesn't help him play PS2!

Actually it can. Being smaller than a car you can clear traffic jams easier with the bike earning precious time which you can use to kill terran scum. Happy times :D

Welcome then !! 

from former PS1 Vet ... Sine of Renegade Legion ( Sine was taken so I added an S ) hehe