Sign in to follow this  
Vvaarr

Vvaarr

7 posts in this topic

Gaming name: Vvaarr

Games played: Over the years Im sure there are a few more MMO titles that Ive forgotten but off the top of my head - World of Warcraft from vanilla beta to Cata, EvE Online (Still a bitter vet with 5yrs+), City of Heroes, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Final Fantasy: Realm Reborn, Guild Wars1&2, Aion, Rift, Eldar Scrolls Online, SWTOR, Darkfall/Darkfall2, Secret World, LoTR, Global Agenda, Perpetuum, APB... Tried them all, not to mention my Steam library of single player games, FPS', MOBAs and sim titles.

Azeroths dungeons and raids were my home for many a year, while most of these other titles were merely distractions dabbled in with Guildies&Corpmates to offset burnout or as time/expansions rolled on it became chasing the buzz of a 'new game' eager to try recapture a fix of the halcyon days of old. Wildstar was the first MMO since I stopped playing WoW (pre Cata) that rekindled my interest in MMOs and what I missed from them, raiding - more so it was a step back towards 'Difficult/Challenging' raiding, not welfare epics! :D

Playing in the WS beta I knew I wanted to experience endgame content, an get that raiding progress vibe that my fledgling interest in Dota2 or EvE environment just wouldnt bring.

Referral: Wildstar Forums - after begrudgingly rolling *cringe* Exile on Ravenous during headstart at the preference and request of some old gaming friends (leveled a SS and Medic to 20) Id had enough and decided to roll Dominion on the new server which opened; Archon to avoid the hour+ queues and being an Exile :P I had flipped a coin between Contagion/Archon and after leveling each of the classes to ~20ish on that PvE realm I realised Lady Luck was havin a giraffe! Archon Dom side was totally dead with only the faceless blackhole style guilds that I had suffered before in my early days in WoW, so I took to the forums looking further than the realm I was on in search of a community more in touch with my gaming interests&ideals - and found my way to this website to submit this rather lengthy application. ;)

Why should I be a member of Digital Legion?: Gaming credentials wise I have many years experience being an officer/running guilds, corps, FC'd fleets and led raid teams in all the holy trinity roles (Druids FTW!) in numerous games thro various levels of content, I have raided 6/7 for progress as well as playing the team role waiting in the wings as an alternate when required. Learning a game, its theorycraft and helpfully offering support to others have always been my motivators when tackling another title or new content. Where I think my days of 'hardcore' hardcore are behind me, my focus of enjoying playing with likeminded, sociable gamers for mutual enjoyment in a mature, yet fun and laid back environment has never changed - and thats why I wrote this lengthy application, not simply to find a guild to level in but to be part of a larger gaming community - where I hope to share a laugh, a beer and some good times (and banter) downing content (and more beers) in Wildstar and perhaps beyond. 

Currently leveling another SS named Vvaarr (only 15 atm), would be willing to roll either Warrior or Medic if required for class diversity.

Hopefully havent bored you to death reading this wall of text!

Cheers, Tony.

• Like 3

Nice app!

Welcome to DL! Should have an admin along at some point to let you go free or trap you into enslavement.

An excellent, articulate application that more applicants should try to emulate rather than the one liners we sometimes get.  Welcome to the forums, Im sure an admin will be along shortly to sort you out with access.

• Like 1

Welcome Vvaarr

Fantastic application you seemed to accrued alot of experience over the years im sure you will get on very well with the dl* peeps, look forward to seeing you in game :)

You're marked as a Triallist for the first few weeks whilst we get to know you, after this period an admin will have a word to see how you're getting on.

Please feel free to browse and post in the forums, and dont forget to jump onto Mumble voice server as it's probably the quickest way of getting hold of someone to get an invite to the outfit. You can also Contact, Vorak, Vale Thandrior, Gukek, Gizmonaut, Lovepuff, beany

I would also ask that you make sure your name is the same on the forums, in mumble and in game. At least while we get to know you. It's proving hard to get to know people otherwise!

Other than that please make yourself at home and  welcome to dl*

EVE player, Has my vote, unless you're in the CFC then sorry but get out!

One of the best apps I've seen in a long time!

Welcome aboard mate :)