Locke

Pen and Paper RPG's - Sign Up Thread.

29 posts in this topic

Please keep a journal of your adventures :) A summary of each session would be great for the peanut gallery

Could do it from the perspective of the characters, get the player really invested before it dies in agony.

Imagining Grip playing a pen and paper RPG over Mumble made me imagine Grip doing the only more awkward thing I can think of, phone sex. And that has made my day.

1) What evening's you are free? Any evening but not until later on, and since these things take a while I would suggest keeping it to Friday nights, any time on Saturday, or during the day on Sundays.

2) What RPG's you'd want to play, (DnD, GoT, Star Wars, BSG, what ever you can find out there)? A Song of Ice and Fire would be my preference (I have .pdfs of the rulebook and all associated material since it is out of print) or the inferior Game of Thrones. Otherwise DnD, Star Wars, Firefly are all good. D20 Modern is super versatile too, a supernatural Wild West anyone?

3) Are there any that you DON'T want to play? I don't see BSG being very compelling.

4) Would you like pre-built campaigns or homebrew? A quick pre-built campaign might be a good warm up but ultimately homebrew, if the quality is hig enough.

5) Would you like it once a fortnight or once a week? Said the bishop to the actress.... Once a week works for me.

6) What sort of time per session would you prefer (min and max lengths please)? Depending on timing. Friday night, Saturday, or Sunday daytime I could play 6 hours if it's good. Sunday night through Thursday night 3 hours max.

7) Strict rules or House rules?

8) Starting at level 1 or a couple of levels higher? Higher.

Sign-up's are now closed.

You will start hearing more towards the end of the week about start dates.

When will we find out what system we're playing because we'll need to get together to talk character creation

I'd like if everyone who's signed up could be online on Friday at 7pm. Just for 10-15 minutes to go over everything, agree days / format etc.

• Like 1

Locke, can you post the deets of mumble chat here until time we get that sub-forum?  I need to 'revise' before starting.

From off the top of my head:

Ruleset will be D&D 4th edition. Sessions will occur on Sundays at 4pm. First session on the 8th March.

We're going to start with a pre-made adventure for a few months until Locke has completed setting out his home-brew campaign.

Maps & dice rolls will be done via Roll20.

Pre-made adventure is being decided on by Locke. Character creation will occur from 7pm on 6th March.

Pre-made adventure Character creation: Attributes will be rolled for. Any race/class from the player handbooks are okay. Level may be higher than 1, depends on the adventure chosen by Locke. People will roll a dice to find out the order that the characters will be made in.

Thanks Hal - I have never made a character before and thought there were restrictions which would be posted here.  Depends how much prior knowledge is required but I thought character creation was a big thing - I know next to nothing and with sleep + work until creation time I don't see myself being able to come up with anything, so it might be best I sit this one out.

You don't need much prior knowledge for this bit of the character creation. We can help you out digging up any information you'd need.

Starting as I mean to continue, I cannot make this evening's character creation session (when Natalia Vodianova wants go get a burrito, you go get a fucking burrito). If we are just spending points and picking classes etc I don't think is a problem really. As long as I am a human non-magical class I don't have an enormous preference so I can go with whatever fits.

If we are rolling then I can roll later in the evening with someone else and go last in terms of picking class etc. Or you can roll for me and let me pick which stats to put the results into.

Perhaps some kind soul with phat Dropboxes could record the session?

So, uhmm, is there room for one more?

I'd like nothing more than to have you with us Toxic, but we have 6 already (which is already causing me headaches). 

The only thing I can offer is a 'reserved slot' so to say, if someone drops out. Alternatively If you want to get involved you could come and play all the NPC characters and such.

In that case Toxic can take my place.

Vas I don't want you or anyone to leave. You especially as I know you're going to be a massive pain to the other characters and I (for once) get to sit back and enjoy the carnage

• Like 1