Obliter8

PS2 Retirement

10 posts in this topic

It is with sadness, tinged with fond memories that we formally announce the retirement of our PS2 division.  It was a great year, and fickle sods that we are, we knew it wouldn't last forever.  Let's remember, over the course of that year we grew from a bunch of old timers into a major force on Miller, key member of the NCTO and awesome murder death team with our SBFs: WASP.

We would formally like to thank everyone, but especially the Officers who provided the drive, enthusiasm and planning required, right to the end.  There were efforts right up to the last day to ignite the phoenix (not the rocket launcher!), but it wasn't to be.

For those of our members that are still playing, WASP have welcomed you with open arms.  See these threads for info on joining up with WASP.

It's important to remember that everyone is still welcome here.  The banter, stupidity and passion for gaming are still alive and well here, and you are more than welcome to troll the forums* (*=no trolling), join in on mumble, and play one of the billion great games out there.  This year will see Wildstar & Everquest Next (+Landmark), continuation of the MMO club, amongst many others.

See you soon, and good hunting!

• Like 4

It was a wild ride. Thanks to everyone involved :)

Yup fair play for all the effort everyone put in! I hope ye all stick around for other games!

• Like 2

Fionny that's why I'm still sticking around :D

Sad to hear it go, I always enjoyed seeing the cheers for great sessions in the shoutbox knowing DL laid the hurt on Miller.

Hope to see many people coming for the game stay for the community.

• Like 4

Sad to hear it go, I always enjoyed seeing the cheers for great sessions in the shoutbox knowing DL laid the hurt on Miller.

Hope to see many people coming for the game stay for the community.

Well put sir.

Whilst I haven't played PS2 myself for a good while, it's been really nice to see a good number of PS2 folk get in the swig of things with other games we play. It's what DL's all about.... The community not the games!

• Like 2

I agree with vegas: It was a wild ride. Thanks to everyone involved :)

Made some interesting videos of my own with you all while i have been here but i think its time to move on or find a new interest since BF4 addiction come along.

Thanks for all the laughs,organization etc. Maybe see you all in Planetside 2 sometime (if work doesn't allready take over my social life allready). Great fun guys ;)

I agree with vegas: It was a wild ride. Thanks to everyone involved :)

Made some interesting videos of my own with you all while i have been here but i think its time to move on or find a new interest since BF4 addiction come along.

Thanks for all the laughs,organization etc. Maybe see you all in Planetside 2 sometime (if work doesn't allready take over my social life allready). Great fun guys ;)

Yeah some brilliant brilliant nights, great fun, we became a force to be reckoned with as well   I still have the odd PS2 sesh once or twice a week but I just tag along with an open platoon.

Anyway all the best man!

Like I said in the other thread, If anyone needs people to play PS2 with, just jump on the Wasp TS, you're always free to join ops or just play with us.