Sign in to follow this  
mentor07825

[Application] Medic/DPS Imotekh [Wildstar]

12 posts in this topic

The Digital Legion Application Template:

Gaming name:

Wildstar: Imotekh

Eve Online: Darth Brole

Planetside 2: DirkkaDirkka because I bring the Jihad.

GW2: Can't remember

Final Fantasy 14: I couldn't even spell his name while playing him.

For everything else: mentor07825
Games played: Too many. In Eve Online I'm a null security alliance executor and corporation recruiter. I used to be a Fleet Commander. The most people I had on TS3 at any time giving orders was about two hundred people.

In Guild Wars 2 I enjoyed being a scrub and helping people that needed help. I even wrote a tiny guide for one of the raids.
Referral:  https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63495-eu-dominion-digital-legion-pvepvp/
Why should you be a member of Digital Legion?: I doubt I can give any reason as to why I should. I like to play games, work six days out of the week and I have a good sense of humour. I play games to have fun, not for serious business. I like to be helpful because I enjoy having my alliance members having fun. So long as they have fun, I'm happy. I also am not currently enjoying the game solo and I would really love to talk to some people who enjoy this game.

After all, why play with yourself when you can do it with others?

• Like 1

Hey Mentor! Thanks for your app! An admin will be along shortly to let you know the happy hap!

Welcome to DL :)

Before he's accepted. I demand to know what nullsec alliance / corp.

Before he's accepted. I demand to know what nullsec alliance / corp.

Pretty easy to find out with my name. A quick Google will tell you everything.

The alliance is Novaku Alliance, the corp is Novaku Inc. The CEO of the corp, now RL mates, is Kolb. I first came down to null sec in 2011 joining RANE alliance. After some moving about in RANE, from Obs corp to the executive corp (because Obs went back to that Sony MMO....Everquest I think it was) I was having a ball of a time. Granted it was difficult for me as my toon was new, but I was enjoying it. Participated in a few fleet combat operations as well.

Then created my own corp, Flying Rainbow Unicorns, realised it wasn't for me two weeks in, and came back to join RANE. I then joined a C5 wormhole alliance because I wanted to give it a go. I had a blast. Hands down, best part of the game. No local is best local. However, they were in a mostly Australian TZ and I'm an EU TZ. If you've ever experienced WH life then you'd know how much of a pain this is, through no one's fault.

Came back to RANE, joined Kolb's corp because I was promised power in the form of Directorship. Banned Kolb from recruiting because he's terrible at it, so I, through sheer force of will, became the corp's defacto recruiter. We then moved to a Russian alliance called Darkspawn, with about one quarter to half of it English based as well. We were the capital, super capital and station builder of the alliance. We have built two stations thus far and are still enjoying them, and pumped out, at our height, three super carriers a month. I was also the face, or POC if you prefer, of the corp. I sorted out a lot of issues.

Darkspawn cascaded because a Canadian and another American had a nerd rage fit. We still own sov in the two systems we have, but we are currently renters of the N3 coalition. Thankfully we kept the stations we built as well. Now I recruit for the alliance wide for corporations to be brought in, and I also recruit for Novaku Inc. I also handle all political queries, questions, complaints, suggestions and so on. Also, for some reason, I'm the diplomat of the alliance and POC for them as well. What this means is that, every day, I get about ten eve mails in my inbox that I must look at, respond, and sometimes follow through with in-game actions. Sometimes more mail, sometimes less, but generally ten on average daily.

If you're curious that I am, in fact, a Goonswarm Federation member, then no. I am a Goon, through the SomethingAwful forums, alongside the RockPaperShotgun forums and website as well, but I have no affiliation with Goonswarm Federation or the CFC. Not every goony is a prat. Just most of them. A lot of which exist in that game. Just don't get me started about them. Their....behaviour makes my blood boil.

Welcome Mentor

That is some EvE history! always been very impressed with the stories and tales of various eve corps though never managed to get past the steep learning curve of the game myself.

What lvl is you main char in wildstar? we still have quite a few people spread throughout the levels so having people to group with shouldn't be a problem :)

You're marked as a Triallist for the first few weeks whilst we get to know you, after this period an admin will have a word to see how you're
getting on.

Please feel free to browse and post in the forums, and dont forget to jump onto Mumble voice server.

I would also ask that you make sure your name is the same on them forums, in mumble and in game. At least while we get to know you.

It's proving hard to get to know people otherwise!

Please keep and eye on the Raiders arm Forum in the wildstar section it is where all weekly events are put up for the guild, no better place to find a group to spend and evening gathering loot.

Other than that please make yourself at home and  welcome to dl*

• Like 1

Hey Hudson!

Yeah man. It's a terrible game though. The learning curve is what you make of it though. I tell people that are new the best way to play the game is focus on one thing that interests them the greatest for one year, then broaden their horizons further. I've been playing since 2009 and I still don't know everything. Also some seriously disturbing people play it. Just two days ago I had a dude crying to me on Steam over it, for reasons. It's a long story. Might share it some day.

My level is 14, Medic. That's great :) Love to be in a group. Or at least shoot the juice on comms while playing. Makes the experience go by so much faster.

That's cool. I know the drill as a recruiter in a "srs bsns" game.

I'll have to change my forum name to reflect my character name in Mumble. Is it possible to do so? And I totally understand. My corp/alliance runs its own TS3 server and forums that I admin.

Brilliant, I'll bookmark it then :) And cheers Hudson!

I need six more approved posts before I can change my username on your forums to reflect my character name in Wildstar, which is "Imotekh". Could an admin reflect this change for me please, if at all possible?

Pretty easy to find out with my name. A quick Google will tell you everything.

The alliance is Novaku Alliance, the corp is Novaku Inc. The CEO of the corp, now RL mates, is Kolb. I first came down to null sec in 2011 joining RANE alliance. After some moving about in RANE, from Obs corp to the executive corp (because Obs went back to that Sony MMO....Everquest I think it was) I was having a ball of a time. Granted it was difficult for me as my toon was new, but I was enjoying it. Participated in a few fleet combat operations as well.

Then created my own corp, Flying Rainbow Unicorns, realised it wasn't for me two weeks in, and came back to join RANE. I then joined a C5 wormhole alliance because I wanted to give it a go. I had a blast. Hands down, best part of the game. No local is best local. However, they were in a mostly Australian TZ and I'm an EU TZ. If you've ever experienced WH life then you'd know how much of a pain this is, through no one's fault.

Came back to RANE, joined Kolb's corp because I was promised power in the form of Directorship. Banned Kolb from recruiting because he's terrible at it, so I, through sheer force of will, became the corp's defacto recruiter. We then moved to a Russian alliance called Darkspawn, with about one quarter to half of it English based as well. We were the capital, super capital and station builder of the alliance. We have built two stations thus far and are still enjoying them, and pumped out, at our height, three super carriers a month. I was also the face, or POC if you prefer, of the corp. I sorted out a lot of issues.

Darkspawn cascaded because a Canadian and another American had a nerd rage fit. We still own sov in the two systems we have, but we are currently renters of the N3 coalition. Thankfully we kept the stations we built as well. Now I recruit for the alliance wide for corporations to be brought in, and I also recruit for Novaku Inc. I also handle all political queries, questions, complaints, suggestions and so on. Also, for some reason, I'm the diplomat of the alliance and POC for them as well. What this means is that, every day, I get about ten eve mails in my inbox that I must look at, respond, and sometimes follow through with in-game actions. Sometimes more mail, sometimes less, but generally ten on average daily.

If you're curious that I am, in fact, a Goonswarm Federation member, then no. I am a Goon, through the SomethingAwful forums, alongside the RockPaperShotgun forums and website as well, but I have no affiliation with Goonswarm Federation or the CFC. Not every goony is a prat. Just most of them. A lot of which exist in that game. Just don't get me started about them. Their....behaviour makes my blood boil.

Wow. Props for the reply! Was just interested in where you were (and yes grrr goons). 

Got a friend in RANE.

Also I was one of the ones who had to sit there grinding all of Darkspawns sov when they disbanded. God that was soul crushing (but not as much as the alliance members who lost their shit I imagine). Couple of guys here are with Hooded in NC. while i'm hanging around in V0LTA in Tri.  

Wow. Props for the reply! Was just interested in where you were (and yes grrr goons). 

Got a friend in RANE.

Also I was one of the ones who had to sit there grinding all of Darkspawns sov when they disbanded. God that was soul crushing (but not as much as the alliance members who lost their shit I imagine). Couple of guys here are with Hooded in NC. while i'm hanging around in V0LTA in Tri.  

Everyone in RANE is a friend of mine :) We keep in touch. Nelios is a lovely guy. I talk to him outside of game and they host their yearly get togethers. Last year was at M0's place in Texas, if I remember correctly. I also have friends all over EVE. Mostly in the CFC in some alliance or another, Goonswarm Federation and sub-alliances as well. Generally speaking I can get anyone into the CFC or Goonswarm Federation, but out of everyone in game that I know I would probably make that offer available to only...three people.

Dude, I know what sov grinding is like. Do what I do though. Fly an Amarr ship, alt tab out, and play Borderlands 2. You don't need to do anything then \o/ Just stay on comms to hear if the FC says there's a neut in local. Then just pause Borderlands 2, tab back in and do what you need to do. Also, were you one of the super pilots that bashed my stations in X-A and 4F89 then? If you were, I wanted to shoot your cyno pilot. But my CEO told me to stand down, don't cause any problems. Suddenly the interceptor pilot lights a cyno and about 35 NC. Supers jumped into system to bash my station. This is why, from now on, I shoot first and get punished later. Man, the stories. I have some real funny ones.

Really? Couple of NC. pilots here? Nice. Volta aren't bad as well. I awoxed your coalition mates. Can't remember their names, but their Japanese Dudes in Space. Maaaan...that was a hilarious evening. After blapping two of their dudes I fell asleep in their system in a stealth bomber, with their alliance executor cussing me out in local. Intel was going like this:

RANE: "They're blue to us. You should get your diplo to contact them to sort out standings."

Novaku Alliance: "We would, but we can't. Our diplo is currently camping their system."

Gunboat diplo best diplo.

• Like 1

Everyone in RANE is a friend of mine :) We keep in touch. Nelios is a lovely guy. I talk to him outside of game and they host their yearly get togethers. Last year was at M0's place in Texas, if I remember correctly. I also have friends all over EVE. Mostly in the CFC in some alliance or another, Goonswarm Federation and sub-alliances as well. Generally speaking I can get anyone into the CFC or Goonswarm Federation, but out of everyone in game that I know I would probably make that offer available to only...three people.

Dude, I know what sov grinding is like. Do what I do though. Fly an Amarr ship, alt tab out, and play Borderlands 2. You don't need to do anything then \o/ Just stay on comms to hear if the FC says there's a neut in local. Then just pause Borderlands 2, tab back in and do what you need to do. Also, were you one of the super pilots that bashed my stations in X-A and 4F89 then? If you were, I wanted to shoot your cyno pilot. But my CEO told me to stand down, don't cause any problems. Suddenly the interceptor pilot lights a cyno and about 35 NC. Supers jumped into system to bash my station. This is why, from now on, I shoot first and get punished later. Man, the stories. I have some real funny ones.

Really? Couple of NC. pilots here? Nice. Volta aren't bad as well. I awoxed your coalition mates. Can't remember their names, but their Japanese Dudes in Space. Maaaan...that was a hilarious evening. After blapping two of their dudes I fell asleep in their system in a stealth bomber, with their alliance executor cussing me out in local. Intel was going like this:

RANE: "They're blue to us. You should get your diplo to contact them to sort out standings."

Novaku Alliance: "We would, but we can't. Our diplo is currently camping their system."

Gunboat diplo best diplo.

I wasn't in a super (btw the alt tab trick, doing that if I rejoin the blob wars), I'm far too space poor for a super. plus i'd only lose it hot dropping ratting carriers (it'd be worth it!). And yeah there's Vegas and Donger here both in hooded. Donger being a director and king of the supers. Got two in BNI (Kira and Zenny *who just joined). 

Fraternity were the Japanese alliance I think. And yeah if you go by zKill volta are the 10th best corp in EVE :D. 

And also that camping story. Epic.

• Like 1

I wasn't in a super (btw the alt tab trick, doing that if I rejoin the blob wars), I'm far too space poor for a super. plus i'd only lose it hot dropping ratting carriers (it'd be worth it!). And yeah there's Vegas and Donger here both in hooded. Donger being a director and king of the supers. Got two in BNI (Kira and Zenny *who just joined). 

Fraternity were the Japanese alliance I think. And yeah if you go by zKill volta are the 10th best corp in EVE :D. 

And also that camping story. Epic.

The alt tab trick legit works.

Oh nice! I have a few mates in the CFC, same thing. Corp is full of capitals and supers. They're nice lads, and I keep in touch with Duckslayer. He was in a few of EVE's alliance tournaments. Really nice guy and great solo-PvP frig dude. One of the top five hundred or something like that on points alone in the KB. I don't know what mine is like, as I haven't updated it in over a year. I stopped caring about it.

About a few days ago I brought down a bunch of Rapiers solely for the purpose of drapping our caps and super on unsuspecting ratting capitals. I rat in a carrier, but even blues understand that if they warp in my anom they'll get blapped. Also, with cyno beacons, there is no excuse getting caught.

Here's the mail that has the full story:

So I decided to be the best diplo ever again for Novaku Alliance. An alliance nearby in ex Darkspawn space, a bunch of space weeboos (Japs), that I wanna camp for standings.

Dude lights a cyno in system, so of course I got it and destroyed the wreck.

Kill: syachi yama (Condor)

syachi yama > hei!!!!!

syachi yama > i'm blue!!!!!!

syachi yama > fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

syachi yama > http://gyazo.com/6990eba464d6fa8fd7d05769ecb4ebab

Then I copy and paste that in alliance

Ragnar Uhtredson > lol

Kalia Pryor > lol

Darth Brole > Popped the wreck too

Darth Brole > http://gyazo.com/6990eba464d6fa8fd7d05769ecb4ebab

Darth Brole > Ah shit

Darth Brole > Oh well, not my problem

Darth Brole > Still camping, standings are king

Calieb Johnson > such a dick

I then contact Dark outside of game. I copy and paste his response in alliance

Darth Brole > "I have no correspondence stating that they should be blue, so they're not"

Darth Brole > Official actual Alliance diplo

Darth Brole > Word for word

Darth Brole > Time to rape the blue standings

So now I finally respond in local

Darth Brole > Sorry about that

Darth Brole > I have contacted my diplo

Darth Brole > Blue standings will be up momentarily

Darth Brole > Compensation?

I see a Domi warp to an anom. I wait for a few moments to ensure he gets aggro before warping in.

syachi umi > wait

syachi yama  犠牲者:syachi yama(Condor*)

yki Padecain > ブルーに攻撃されてる

syachi umi > mjd

Kill: yki Padecain (Dominix)

Reshipping now to camp.

-DB

Best Diplo

Today I awarded myself a medal for forcing a dude to quit EVE forever. Or at least, give up their main toon forever. Today has been a good day for me. What's your dude's name in game?

• Like 1